Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Things we are learning besides Spanish...

The time changed last Saturday night. Unfortunately, the clocks moved forward because it is almost Spring here. So, we get up now in complete darkness and the sun doesn't rise until almost 8:00! However, the sunrises are such a treat that they are worth it.

Or should I say 08:00 because Chile is on military time! I changed my phone so that I can look at 21:30 and know that it is 9:30pm. I can also order 300 grams of salami and know what I have ordered! We've gone metric!

I know that 19 degrees Celsius is going to be a nice day while 11 degrees and rainy is COLD! My brain seemed to rebel at first but with the constant repetition, I am beginning to make sense of it. Now if only they had something like Celsius for your age. Sure, I'm 42 in the U.S., but down here, I'm 29!!

3 comments:

  1. Do me!!!!! How old am in Chile? And how much do i weigh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are all under 30 and Eric assures me you guys are less than 55kg. I think kilograms rock!

    ReplyDelete