Monday, August 1, 2011

Escuela de idiomas

Wow! What a great morning! First of all, two of my life-long dreams have come true. I have always wanted to walk to church with bells ringing. We accomplished that yesterday. Another dream or sueño was to walk my kids to school. We have always lived too far from the kids' school to even think of riding a bicycle never mind walking! Well, this morning, with the birds chirping and seagulls calling, we walked down the hill, took an ascensor and went to Spanish school. Beautiful.

At the last minute, Eric decided to throw me in to school as well and how fun!! Elaine and I are in a class together with our teacher, Natalia. She is so funny and sweet. We love her. Julia Grace and Claudia were super well-behaved and Elaine was the star pupil, as always.

Sean, Emily Jane, and Claire were taught by Sebastián. They loved him. They came out with such sparkly eyes and contented faces. Perhaps they could learn this language after all!

I couldn't believe how fast the lesson was even though it was almost 2 hours long!

Eric returns tonight after his first day as a profesor de ingeniería. Vamos a ver!

3 comments:

  1. Still at the university and I am glad to hear all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog!!!! Muy bueno para usted (decision) vas escuela con ninos. Me and Brian are both taking the Rosetta Stone Latin America spanish class right now, perhaps the tres hablamos espanol hermano's vamanos a vacacione. (I am sure most of that is wrong!)

    What beautiful dreams you have, walking to church with the bells. I never had such a dream so remember your sister languishing in purgatory (if I'm lucky) when you are in Heaven and put in a good word for me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just returned from our wi-fi free Florida vacation and am trying to get up to speed on all the exciting San Antonio and Chilean news. Everyone seems to be having so many exciting experiences that I thought I would share some from our trip too. First of all the local shops along our route were so exciting! You can literally leave the darkest interstate in the middle of the night and you are immediately awash in fluorescent lights and brightly colored blinking neon. These welcoming lights are so bright they have the power to immediately awaken a sleeping baby even at 3am. As if that's not impressive enough, as you enter these Aircraft Carriers (loosely translated from the CB dictionary that means "truck stop") you find a vast array of key chains with virtually every name imaginable and chargers for almost any phone still in use (with the exception of some of Mom's antique devices). But it's the locals themselves that give these island oases their flavor. The customary attire of the inhabitants reminds one of watching a NASCAR event when the cameras zoom in on the back side grandstands. One local shop in the panhandle of North Florida even had the local policing authorities out front to greet us and to ensure we were well informed of all of our life enhancing options. I hope you're having as much fun as we did. Love to all, Aunt Missy

    ReplyDelete